As part of our commitment to supporting all of our patients looking to make lifestyle changes, we are offering a drop-in service in partnership with Healthy Lifestyles Gloucestershire. We will have a health advisor with us from 10:30am to 3.30pm on the first Tuesday of every month, commencing Tuesday 7th May 2019.
What is Healthy Lifestyles?
Free healthy lifestyle behavioural support coaching around:
- Losing weight
- Giving up smoking
- Drinking less alcohol
- Increasing physical activity
Individual support includes a mixture of 1:1 face to face support, phone support, and web based support through email, and via the self-care portal Best You. Support can last up to 12 weeks depending on patient needs and preferences.
What Support is Available?
- For those people wanting to quit smoking, Healthy Lifestyles can prescribe Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and provide a monitoring service as your health improves.
- For those eligible patients looking to lose weight, Healthy Lifestyles will fund 12 weeks free membership to Slimming World.
- Healthy Lifestyle partners with Leisure Centre’s across Gloucestershire and the Forest of Dean as well as other Groups supporting patients looking to increase their physical activity.
How Can I Access This?
- Stop by the drop-in clinic on the first Tuesday of the month anytime between 10:30am and 3:30pm. No appointment is necessary.
- If you cannot make it to the drop-in clinic but are interested in support, call the freephone number 0800 122 3788 to make an appointment to see the advisor.
- You can also self- refer into the service and find further information on this FREE service by visiting the Healthy Lifestyles website.